Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating server products sequentially

Paul Cudina September 12, 2022

Hi brains trust - planning our move of server products to cloud and I'm thinking about our approach. We are migrating Jira Service Management projects, Jira Software projects and Confluence (all on-prem server) to cloud and I was wondering if I am able to migrate and launch the cloud products to our end users at different times. So if I migrate Jira Service Management first, can users still access linked Software requests and Confluence articles that are left behind on server?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 5, 2022

Hello @Paul Cudina,

To answer your question directly, Yes, your users can straddle your different platforms and products while you migrate, but it may not be the best experience. We do have multiple different approaches to migrating to the cloud, and they can be found in Cloud migration guide | Choose your migration strategy and method.

I hope this information proves helpful.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Paul Cudina December 12, 2022

Thankyou Stephen. We perform our migration 2 weekends ago and are left with one project that has some data issues. You are correct,  the user experience is not the best with the main issue being the loss of integration between the products that have migrated.

Cheers...Paul

Like Stephen Sifers likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events