• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Migrating from Zendesk to JSD Edited

What is the best sequence of steps one can take to migrate from Zendesk to JSD on a high level.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Community Leader Jan 28, 2020

Your best bet is to simply create the project from scratch. Then create issue types, custom fields, workflows, add the agents and customers. Yi7 night wish to read this guide - get-started-with-jira-service-desk 

Hi @RamR 

I agree with @Jack about creating a simple project from scratch, in fact I would go further and say create two simple projects (a sandbox one) and the production one. The sandbox one will you can do testing on. 

You also need a plan and be realistic with the outcome because there is a bit of a learning curve as with everything. You will come across stuff where the defaults might work for some people but not for your company. 

Here is what I did starting with my Sandbox project and then replicating over to production (that way I could thorough test):

Happy to answer questions if you have any.

Zendesk to JIRA Service Desk Migration.png

-Mike

Like Jack likes this

Thank you Mike and Jack for your inputs. I really appreciate you shared your plan here Mike. That gives some in depth look in to this. 

Hey @Mike Bowen , any way you can share your plan so that I can piggy back off of it? It looks really thorough. Appreciate it. 

Hi @Jose 

Send an email to mrjackblackbeard@gmail.com and I'll post a spreadsheet template for you. 

-Mike

Like Jose likes this

Hi @Jose 

Email incoming. 

-Mike

Like Jose likes this

Hi, RamR.

When it comes to importing Zendesk data to Jira Service Desk, you can, in fact, use the table method suggested by Mike Bowen. Or, you can opt for our automated service like Help Desk Migration.

It’s available on Atlassian Marketplace (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1218450/zendesk-to-jira-service-desk-migration?hosting=cloud&tab=overview)  and can help you move your Zendesk data to JSD, without losing any important information. The best thing about our service is that we are quite flexible when it comes to migrations, we offer numerous customization options to meet your requests. 

On top of that, we made it possible for everyone to test out the tool for free to see how it works in practice. Feel free to check it out.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Why upgrade to Jira Service Management Premium?

We often have questions from folks using Jira Service Management about the benefits to using Premium. Check out this video to learn how you can unlock even more value in our Premium plan.  &nb...

163 views 0 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you