Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating from Zendesk to JSD

RamR January 28, 2020

What is the best sequence of steps one can take to migrate from Zendesk to JSD on a high level.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2020

Your best bet is to simply create the project from scratch. Then create issue types, custom fields, workflows, add the agents and customers. Yi7 night wish to read this guide - get-started-with-jira-service-desk 

Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2020

Hi @RamR 

I agree with @Jack Brickey about creating a simple project from scratch, in fact I would go further and say create two simple projects (a sandbox one) and the production one. The sandbox one will you can do testing on. 

You also need a plan and be realistic with the outcome because there is a bit of a learning curve as with everything. You will come across stuff where the defaults might work for some people but not for your company. 

Here is what I did starting with my Sandbox project and then replicating over to production (that way I could thorough test):

Happy to answer questions if you have any.

Zendesk to JIRA Service Desk Migration.png

-Mike

Like # people like this
RamR January 29, 2020

Thank you Mike and Jack for your inputs. I really appreciate you shared your plan here Mike. That gives some in depth look in to this. 

1 vote
Deleted user December 11, 2020

Hi, RamR.

When it comes to importing Zendesk data to Jira Service Desk, you can, in fact, use the table method suggested by Mike Bowen. Or, you can opt for our automated service like Help Desk Migration.

It’s available on Atlassian Marketplace (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1218450/zendesk-to-jira-service-desk-migration?hosting=cloud&tab=overview)  and can help you move your Zendesk data to JSD, without losing any important information. The best thing about our service is that we are quite flexible when it comes to migrations, we offer numerous customization options to meet your requests. 

On top of that, we made it possible for everyone to test out the tool for free to see how it works in practice. Feel free to check it out.

0 votes
Jose March 5, 2020

Hey @Mike Bowen , any way you can share your plan so that I can piggy back off of it? It looks really thorough. Appreciate it. 

Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2020

Hi @Jose 

Send an email to mrjackblackbeard@gmail.com and I'll post a spreadsheet template for you. 

-Mike

Like # people like this
Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 6, 2020

Hi @Jose 

Email incoming. 

-Mike

Like Jose likes this
Ste404
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 3, 2023

Did anyone end up with a copy of that spreadsheet template that could be shared?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events