Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matching Jira Insight schemas with discovered objects

Sunny Kyusu January 24, 2022

Hi all, I have setup Jira Service Management (Data Center) for our organization, with a view to implementing asset management in our dev environment. 

I have installed the Insight app and am running manual agentless discovery to single IP addresses or a range of IP addresses, which works fine and so I have real XML data to import.

If I import into a blank schema - and use the import wizard to create the pre-defined structure and configuration - then all of the data is present, but not in a structure that I want to use as it does not reflect our hierarchy. If I create a pre-defined schema then I struggle to map discovered data to my own objects, and the majority of data is missing. 

My questions are;

1. Is anyone aware of any training available on using Jira Insight? I have learned a few things from Atlassian tutorials and YouTube but some proper training would be useful. 
  2. If I continue to import data into a blank schema, can I then copy the objects and attributes to a different schema, which isn't ideal as I'd have to do it with every import. 
  3. Does anyone know how to successfully create a new schema and map imported data to it or have any hacks that would help?

Thanks,
Sunny

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events