cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managing Swag Items within Jira

Colin Helke
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2018

Our outreach team wants to use jira service desk to manage requests to visit conferences and different events. They also want to manage the different SWAG items my company may give out at these conferences. Most asset management solution focus on single items but I am looking at a way to manage a lot of little assets. I want to be able to track how many of each item we send to the event and have a running total of stock within Jira. Any ideas?

1 answer

0 votes
Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2018

Hey @Colin Helke

You might want to create multiple sub-tasks for each type of SWAG item and maybe have a select list of what type of swag item they are with a "bulk ticket" or "Conference ticket" with all the sub-tasked SWAG items. 

Let me know what you think or if you have other things you want to talk about. Or ideas you have. I'm interested in what your vision is for this. :) 

Here is a recent article about JSD and it's capabilities written by one of the champions in the community. Maybe something in this article will help you out too. 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Desk-articles/Jira-Service-Desk-Don-t-be-afraid-the-journey-begins-with/ba-p/866401

Colin Helke
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 22, 2018

Thanks for the suggestion. I have thought about custom fields and sub tasks but the issue I run into is, I might send 200 water bottles and 300 frisbees. Does that mean I have have 500 subtasks of 2 subtasks with customfields. 

I was thinking of something like a regular asset management system but for bulk items. I could have 2000 water bottles in stock and then attach 100 to a requests and the inventory would drop to 1900. I think that I am a little too ambitious.

What I will probably end up doing is having a customfield for each item on the SWAG request with the default value of 0 and the user can fill out the number of each item they would want to bring. This way we can report on how many items we give away each month. I was just trying to find a way to get the "stock" numbers in some sort of asset management and when a certain number gets entered for "water bottles" it would take that number out of the asset management.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events