Managing Jira Service Desk Portal 'Customer' groups access with multiple clients

Stéphane Veraart January 18, 2019

Client is considering moving from another product to JSD. Challenge featured here is managing customer ABC's clients (groups Client1(User a, b, c, d), Client2, C..3, C..4, C..5 etc) users. I will not name the product but smart people will be able to derive it from the question.

Requirements: 

- Jira Service Desk issues should only be available to Agents in the Jira environment - no group C1 users should be able to access Jira itself;

- Group C1, C2 client users etc should be able to access the portal and also use it has a customer service management portal;

- Requests may trigger additional tickets and/or subtasks within Jira that should not show up in the Portal.

Currently they are using an ADFS type of solution where clients are connected and the group C1/C2 users have SSO to access the portal.

Considering the large number of clients with groups of C1/C2 users managing access is complicated when done by the customer ABC itself.

Our considerations:

- When using SAML/ADFS within Jira this applies to Jira users and would require user licenses, of which the number cannot be controlled by the customer ABC organisation;

- When using Customers within JSD, I have not seen the option of using SAML to configure customers other than as Jira users;

As far as I know the other Service currently product support a way of managing the groups C1/C2 and the users within the client groups through ADFS. 

What would be the best solution for Jira that is the least time and/or licence consuming?

Keeping in mind that licences are required when using the system off course.

1 comment

Stéphane Veraart January 18, 2019

I did find this topic addressing some of the above questions, but as far as I can see only for Cloud: 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Atlassian-Access-questions/SAML-for-Service-Desk-customers/qaq-p/727915#U985001

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events