cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managing Customers and Organizations

Keith Jones
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2021

We are currently trying to use Organizations to group our customers, so that teams in each organization can see all shared issues.

My question is more about managing organizations and new customers. If someone submits an issue through the email channel, they have a customer record created. But at that point, they are not in an organization.

How do I know when a new customer record is added, so that I can add them to an organization?

Additionally, we are importing nearly 1000 customer records from our previous service desk platform, so I'll have to add them all to different organizations. (Some won't be in orgs, as they won't be in a group that allows sharing of issues).

Any thoughts or ideas on where to start?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 26, 2021

Hello @Keith Jones,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

When a new customer is created via email, there is no configuration to add them to an Organization. What can be done, in this case, is to use an automation rule to add the customer to an organization based on their domain.

Currently, there is no option to notify agents or admins when a new customer account is created. There is a feature request suggesting the implementation of such ability:

Please, click on vote and also watch to receive updates about the feature.

Regarding the migration of customers, it will be necessary to separate them and add them to each organization. You can create a list and separate the emails with a comma, then you can add all customers at once. 

Some won't be in orgs, as they won't be in a group that allows sharing of issues

Depending on the permissions on the project, they will still be able to share tickets (Request participants), but only with other customers one at a time, not with an organization. 

Kind regards,
Angélica

SUNMI HELP DESK May 25, 2021

Tickets: How to have a transverse field to identify a customer in all the projects, even internal projects (Organization, Company, Other field) ?

@Angélica Luz 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events