Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manage value/option of System Fields

Ken Loh May 8, 2023

Dear Sir/Madam

May I know how to manage or add value/option of system fields in Administration page?

I have 0 contexts in Labels and I was not able to add option like what I did in Custom Fields.

Best regards
Ken

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2023

Hello @Ken Loh 

Jira does not permit you to change the Context for system fields.

For the Labels field specifically, the field is intended to allow any user to create a new label value. Values for this field are not project specific.

If you need a multi-select field that is project specific where you can control the available values, you will have to add a Custom Field for that.

Ken Loh May 8, 2023

thank you. May I know it's possible to disable for user to create new value ?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2023

With native Jira functionality there is not a specific permission for only the ability to create Labels.

There are work arounds that could be implemented.

The Labels field could be removed from the Edit screen and added to a workflow transition screen that had a Condition to allow only certain users to execute the transition and gain access to editing the Labels field. That would stop the user from creating new values only through the projects where that workflow applies. Labels are globally shared values, though, so they could still make new values through other projects where they had permission to edit the field.

You might find a third party app that would add functionality allowing you to control who could create Labels values.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events