Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manage Pre bought support hours

Zohar Bazak September 13, 2018

Hi there,

We are evaluating JIRA Service Desk Cloud as a ticketing tool for our Customer Support Team.  One of the requirements is that we need to keep track of time spent on solving tickets against a block of purchased support hours per customer.

Customer support team filling the "Worked" and "billable" tabs at "log work" every ticket solved/closed.

Every Client purchases different anual X hrs of support and we then deduct solved cases from that amount.  Customers get every month detailed report with time remaining in the block.

How can we accomplish this with JIRA.  We are looking at TEMPO Timesheet add-on for time tracking, however I don't see any way (at least out-of-the-box).

1. Id like to find a way to track log work hours against block of purchased support hours per customer.

2. Id like to have automatic report (via emai) to sales team once customer used X % (lest say 80% for example) of the purchased support hours so the sales team be able to track and upsell needed hours.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2018

@Zohar Bazak, this topic has been discussed previously in the Community and in the bottom right corner here is related content. You may want to look at the first one: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Desk-discussions/Pre-bought-support-hours-logging-against-allocated-hours/m-p/583189#M8

note there isn’t a way out of the box to have decremented field but there are possible addons. You could leverage automation addons to check values of fields and fire off an email.

Thank for the answer, still the answer there arent solving my exact issue.

Thought maybe anoyne knows a way or a addon that does exactly what ive asked.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2018

Here are some addons I could suggest:

Tempo Timesheets

worklogpro-timesheets-for-jira

Time Reports

I suspect you will be able to achieve most if not all of your requirements w/ one or more of these. It may be that the implementation won't end up precisely as you would like but quite close.

Cheers!

ok thanks

Will_y_ De Vos September 23, 2020

Hi @Zohar Bazak , I was wondering if you found a possible method using Jira or Tempo for this specific question. Thanks, Regards, 

Will

Zohar Bazak October 19, 2020

Hi @Will_y_ De Vos , I've started selling our products with unlimited support :)

Like Will_y_ De Vos likes this
Will_y_ De Vos October 19, 2020

So, isn't it good news. Please enlighten me with some details ;-)

Regards,

W

Zohar Bazak October 20, 2020

We are SaaS company selling construction tech and CMMS products,

For our clients and for us counting and charging for support was uncofortable so we changed our price plan and now all our products include unlimited support.

0 votes
Eduardo Oliveira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 22, 2021

Hi @Zohar Bazak - Not sure if this is still a need for you but here is a great option to tackle this challenge: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1221714/contractspro-managed-services-solution?tab=overview

If you still need any help, let me know. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events