Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mails sent to a particular mail Id should create a ticket and replied emails should append in same

Radhika Muppala January 9, 2021

Hi,

I am new to Jira and I m trying to set up 

1. Any mails sent to a particular mail Id should be marked to Jira ID, which should create a ticket in a particular project
  2. All replied emails should get appended in the same ticket based on the subject.

I'm able to achieve the first step, can you please tell me how to achieve the second step

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2021

I recommend you review this article. create-issues-and-comments-from-email 

you will need to create an incoming email handler unless you are using JSM which is a bit easier. 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2021

Hi @Radhika Muppala ,

If you add email requests to your project, all emails that are received are creating tickets. 

If an email is received that contain an issue key in the subject (or if jira recognise the email due to IDs in the header), then Jira will automatically add this email as comment.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD Trial
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events