Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Admin Login after Restore Jira Service Desk from Backup

Deleted user February 15, 2020

Hi, I've lost the admin login after restore a backup from Jira Service Desk. Why doesn't it maintain the original admin login? I did a restore from jira-export.zip.

1 comment

Johan Soetens _Dumblefy_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2020

Hi Angela,

you can use recovery mode with the aptly named recovery_admin user.

It's a bit cumbersome but works fine.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/restore-passwords-to-recover-admin-user-rights-972329273.html

Deleted user February 17, 2020

Thanks Johan!

Deleted user February 21, 2020

Hi Johan, I can tell that in fact it is bit cumbersome. I've been doing it but my Jira doesn't starts at the step 3. I'm not doing it as a service as it indicates. I got this error:

SERIOUS [Catalina-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.beforeStart I cannot create directory for deployment: [C: \ Program Files \ Atlassian \ Jira \ conf \ Catalina \ localhost]

and then,

FATAL [c.a.jira.startup.JiraStartupLogger] Startup check failed. JIRA will be locked.

Johan Soetens _Dumblefy_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2020

Hi Angela,

this looks like a classic file permission error for the Windows user.

I'd consult with one of your system engineers regarding not being able to write on drive C.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events