Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a solution to implement basic reports in Slack

daniel_straker February 17, 2020

Hi all,

I'm looking for some suggestions as to how to implement basic reports in Slack. As a start, I would like to try and set up a basic list showing how many active ticket each team of a project has, and schedule these to deploy in specific channels within Slack.

For example:

Team A - 10 active tickets

Team B - 5 active tickets

If anyone has some suggestions, that would be fantastic.

Thanks very much!

1 answer

1 vote
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 3, 2020

Hey Daniel, welcome to the Community!

I'd recommend taking a look at the Automation in Jira as a starting point here, as you can schedule messages to go into Slack rather than "waiting for something to happen" as you would with the more generic Slack notification.

Recently I wrote an article talking about how to do something like this for individual assignees. With some minor tweaking, you could do this for a list of users instead of a single user and have the messages to a public channel.

Happy to help if you'd like to go this route and need more assistance getting it set up!

Cheers,
Daniel

daniel_straker April 1, 2020

Hey Daniel,

Thanks for this. Sorry - just caught this now. I'll take a look and let you know if I run into any problems.

Cheers,

Daniel

daniel_straker April 28, 2020

Hey Daniel,

I've finally got round to giving this a try - this works, but it's not entirely what we were looking for I believe. We've just got too many open issues to make this viable to our needs.

Ideally, I would like to generate an automation which may do the following:

Test Channel

Team A - 10 open jobs, 3 urgent 

Team B - 7 open issues, 5 urgent

Team C - 4 open issues, 1 urgent

if this makes sense?

Like Joe Massi likes this
Karyn Tooke September 14, 2020

Hi @Daniel Eads I work with Dan... your article is awesome - so clear & really well written! But as Dan has mentioned we need something that is delivered to a team slack channel rather than in DMs, is this something you could help us with? If you cant help no worries, we will reach out to one of our dev teams for guidance.

Thanks,

Karyn

Like Joe Massi likes this
Joe Massi October 15, 2020

@Daniel Eads , The individual assignee article is fantastic and I'm using that but I also have a need for a consolidated version as well.  CC: @daniel_straker | @Karyn Tooke 

Right now, my output consists of:

*Group:* {{issue.customfield_11963}}, *Agent:* ({{issue.assignee.displayname}})
<{{issue.toUrl}}|*{{issue.key}}* ... {{issue.summary}}>
~~~~~

However, being able to block them off in Excel type cells, sort but Jira Group, etc.... anything to make it look more report-ish would be of great value to us as well.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events