Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Log work for user with automation rule

Michelle Gaul July 10, 2019

Hey there!

I am using the add-on "Automation for Jira" on Cloud. In my service desk, there are two custom number fields, in which our agents note their travel and "labour time" for this issue. we also have a custom field in which the date of the appointment is typed in.

via an automation rule, the inserted time in the "travel time" and "labour time" field are logged against the issue according to the date of the appointment.

for example:

trigger: field value changes for  "labour time custom field" OR"appointment date custom field"
if "appointment date custom field" != EMPTY AND "labour time custom field" !~ "0"
then log work:
time spent: {{"labour time custom field".value}}m
date started: {{"appointment date".value}}

we do this, because it is quite important to us to differentiate between labour time and travel time. 

now the problem is, if the work is logged through the automation rule, the user for "logged by" is "Automation for Jira". we want to change that user to either the initiator of the rule, the assignee or the mentioned user in a custom field of the issue. Is it possible to change the user for whom the work is logged already in the automation rule itself or through another automation?

I am very looking forward to your responses! thanks in advance

Michelle

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John McKiernan
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 10, 2019

Hey Michelle, 

unfortunately, we aren't able to change the rule actor in Cloud due to API limitations. We are tracking it here: https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/browse/AUT-56

If we can do it, I will pop a notification here once shipped. 

Sorry couldn't be of more help with this one!

Cheers,

John 

Michelle Gaul July 16, 2019

Hey John, 

that's unfortunate, but thank you for your fast reply! 

if I understood the "Backlog" category correctly, it won't be implemented within this year, right? 

Do you have any Workaround idea maybe? 

we are currently customizing our reports and want to see a list of travel and labour hours per agent. But as of now this is not possible, because all hours are logged for "Automation for Jira" and not the actual Agent.

Kind regards, 

Michelle 

John McKiernan
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 16, 2019

Hey Michelle, 

unfortunately, there are no workarounds at the moment (at least that I know of)

However, it is becoming an increasingly popular request. Once there is an update, I will post to this chat to let you know. 

Cheers,

John 

Like # people like this
cflynn August 19, 2020

Has there been any update to this feature request?

Cristóbal Muñoz December 16, 2020

Thanks for the information. I am waiting for any update.

Webdigit March 9, 2021

Hello,

We are also very interested in this because we have the same concern.

Jean Christophe

kevin shine December 8, 2022

Also interested in this.

patryk_makowski January 29, 2024

5 years later...

Like Giovanni A_ D_Aquino likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events