Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location of Service Management setup

Sune Vester Lindhe May 4, 2023

Hi Community,

We are facing a strange issue with JSM DC: When creating a JSM project, the standard (unlocked) JSM fields are getting created again. So the 'Approvers' field are created again, but not the Approvals field.

The description for the old Approvers field ends with "This custom field was created by Jira Service Desk" which makes sense because the installation started on a version where is was named "Service Desk.

The description for the new Approvers field ends with "This custom field was created by Jira Service Management".

If I create a JSM project again, the new fields is used - no third field is created.

We are theorising that the cause is that JSM somehow has forgotten that the fields have been created and therefore creates the fields again. 

So, what we are looking for is the place where JSM stores the ids of the standard fields used by a JSM installation. Can anyone answer that?

Br, Sune

2 answers

0 votes
Sune Vester Lindhe May 8, 2023

Hi @Benjamin ,

That is not quite what I meant. I am not looking for the IDs for custom fields in general - I am looking for where JSM stores which fields to use.

The first time you create a JSM project, Jira creates a number of standard custom fields, which are reused in subsequent JSM projects. It seems that JSM has somehow "forgotten" that there are already JSM projects and therefore creates a new set of fields.

0 votes
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2023

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events