cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List of all Confluence Spaces in a custom field

Patrick Elliott
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 22, 2020

Hi,

We have a lot of confluence spaces with user access restricted via AzureAd groups. We want to manage user access requests for Spaces via a JIRA ServiceDesk project.

My question is; is it possible to have a custom field in a JIRA Request Type that will dynamically generate a list of all the Spaces in our Confluence instance? This would mean that we don't have to update the custom field for each new space that is created in confluence.

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Pascal Robert October 28, 2020

Someone got this to work? I just tried with a scripted field, but the problem is the template, you can't iterate over an array in the field custom template, so you can't create a dropdown with the list of found spaces.

In short, getting the list of spaces can be done, it's displaying it that is the problem.

0 votes
Florian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2020

I never did it and it might need someone with programming skills. But I am pretty sure that there is something you can do over the REST API. You can write some pice of external software that reads all spaces from confluence and writes them in some kind of (multi) select custom field to jira. This peace of software can poll let’s say once an hour to update your field. 

The more I think about it the more I like your idea. We could use this too. I think I will try my luck in winter when the nights get longer again. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events