Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List of Watchers

Vugar Jafarov December 2, 2020

Dear community,

In Jira Service Desk I (as an admin) and add watchers to the ticket. 

But when I tap add watchers I see only the list of some agents/admins.

I want to have the possibility the agent or admin could add other agents and admins as a watcher of tickets 

image.png

1 answer

0 votes
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2020

Hi @Vugar Jafarov 

What happens when you start typing the name of a user that you want to add?

Vugar Jafarov December 3, 2020

Hi @Liam Green 

It's not displayed them. 

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2020

Hi @Vugar Jafarov 

Do you have the 'manage watchers' and 'browse users' permissions?

Vugar Jafarov December 4, 2020

@Liam Green  I do. I'm an admin of Jira

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 4, 2020

@Vugar Jafarov If you're sure that you have the permissions then I think the next step is to reach out to Atlassian directly as it seems like it might be a bug in your instance

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 6, 2020

Adding to what Liam said the user you want to add also needs the appropriate permissions. For example, if "John Doe" is not permitted to browse (Browse Permission) the project in question you will not able to add him.

This is best to check with "Project Settings" > "People"
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/manage-project-role-membership/

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events