Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limit Customer Portal to One Service Desk Project

Maeneth December 9, 2022

Hi Admin,

When addidng a Customer or User on a specific Service Desk project, we don't want them see other Service Desk.

Currently, when an access is granted to the customer and go to the Customer Portal https://tpcsupport.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals the other service desk will also displayed

Thanks!

2 answers

2 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2022

@Maeneth -

Hi there:

To lockdown visibility of JSM projects from the Portal UI, you will need to go to your JSM projects access each project's Project settings >> Customer permission and set the Service project access to "Customers added to this service project only by agents and admins"

2022-12-09_12-04-30.png

In addition, you may also need to verify to see how "Service Desk Customers" project role is associated to in each project.  Essentially, users will be added to each project's role accordingly to have access to the project via the portal ui.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Maeneth December 10, 2022

@Joseph Chung Yin 

Thanks for taking time to read my query and provide a solution.

I tried and it works now.

Thanks a lot.

3 votes
Answer accepted
Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2022

Hi @Maeneth - I found this KB article that I think should answer your question:

How to restrict customers access to specific projects only in Jira Service Management 

Maeneth December 10, 2022

Hi @Darryl Lee 

Thanks for sharing  the KB articles. It helps answer my query.

God Bless and Stay Safe!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events