Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legacy automation - 'adding comment to issue after x number of days in status' not working

Graham Lacey October 30, 2020

So I have a couple of rules in Service Desk using Legacy Automation. One works, one doesn't. 

This one works fine - after 30 days in a status, it transitions and adds a comment to the issue.

works.jpg

The only difference with the one below (that is scheduled to run five days before the one above), is that there is no transition alongside the comment. 

notworks.jpg

This is not posting and because this is legacy automation, I'm not aware of anywhere I can see an error log. 

Any help appreciated. Thanks. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2020

Graham,

First off welcome to the community.  

The two images you posted are the same so I was not able to see how the second automation is constructed.  You can view legacy logs by going to the legacy automation page and clicking on the three dots and selecting view logs.  This log contains errors and successes.

Capture.PNG

Graham Lacey October 31, 2020

Sorry, bad paste. This is the one that is not running - and having checked the log (did not know where to look for that - thanks), it seems that this is not executing at all. 

notworks.jpg

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 31, 2020

The only time I have seen this is if there are multiple statuses that are the same in different workflows and the status that you chose to trigger the automation is not the workflow that is associated with the issue. If you look at the automation is there two statuses that are the same per chance?   It is really odd that it is not firing off.  I would suggest duplicating the one that is working and just changing the days to see if that works.

Graham Lacey November 2, 2020

Thanks, Brant. I checked and don't have another status with this name. I've duplicated the working rule and modified it to trigger an email alert (with no status change) on an eligible issue tomorrow (if I got my math right). So I'll report back whether or not it resolved. Thanks a lot. 

Graham Lacey November 5, 2020

Hi. Pleased to report that duplicating a working rule and modifying it worked fine. The only difference with the rule that was not firing was the length of time that the item was in the status (11 days for working vs 25 days for non-working). I will update the working rule to 25 days and ensure it continues to work when I reach that threshold. I will mark this as resolved. 

Thank you for your help!

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 5, 2020

Glad to hear it is working!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events