Jira issue collector form -Unknown error occurred trying to invoke collector

Sreerampavankumar Govindarajula
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2021

We are using a Jira collector form to collect feedback from our users. Our teams integrated this form to launch on application contact button. (used custom template option within the issue collector). Some of our users are having issues where when they submit they get an error that says  "Oops! Something went wrong...There was a problem submitting your feedback, likely due to the configuration of this form. You might want to contact the site owner to let them know about this issue."

Users are using latest version of Chrome  browser

And when I went to the "Issue collectors" page noticed  a lot of "Unknown error occurred trying to invoke collector" errors logged relating to this . 

Based on reading I did here https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/use-the-issue-collector/ -see screen shot below  – I am guessing it may be due to the reporter field where we chose the option "Attempt to match submitter email address" as we do not want to default to our name but the person reporting it so we know who reported. 

Per your article above about issue collector reporter field it looks like that it should default to the default reporter we mentioned if it doesnt match users email address within Jira -assuming he/she is not a Jira user (hence no create permission to our project) 

Can you tell us how to address these errors? Unfortunately  we cannot know all the  users to add them to Jira. Is there a way to get all users to use this form without granting default create permission on our project space to avoid this error or be within Jira?

Bottom line we want the form to work for all our users and also need a way to know who submitted it versus defaulting the reporter to always my name. Pls guide.

screenshot3.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sreerampavankumar Govindarajula
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2021

Found out that this error was occurring because the users accessing never accessed our Jira application/logged into it even once. Our internal jira service desk/support team gave us a URL that users could use to login and then they were able to submit the collector form successfully. So essentially users need to access Jira atleast once to be able to be added to our default Jira ldap group and dont need to be necessarly added to the Jira project that hosts the collector form

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events