cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira doesn't show the user to assign to the issue

Fring May 7, 2022

Hello,

Just started trying Jira out, but i have a problem,

My friend that i invited to the board, cannot be selected to be an assignee to an issue, but i can assign him as a reporter somehow since he does show up there, meanwhileHE can assign me to an issue instead, we are both administrators of the project since this is a team-project

2 answers

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2022

Hi @Fring ,

welcome to the Atlassian community!

Here a complete guide for team-managed projects on the cloud https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/next-gen-permissions/

In team-managed projects, we’ve simplified our permissions sets. If you grant a role any of the permissions that appear under the Work on project issues set, anyone with that role can be assigned issues in the project.

Hope this helps,

Fabio

0 votes
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2022

Hello @Fring ! Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I'd see if your friend has the Assignable User permission set.

Fring May 7, 2022

Hi, thank you,

Where can i check that ? In my project settings  only "permission related" thing i see is the "Access" tab and it just says he's administrator

Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 7, 2022

OK, I think you're in a Team-managed project.  If that's the case, Assignable User doesn't apply.

Assignable User only applies to business-managed projects.

Can I see a screenshot showing you and your friend as administrators of the project?

Fring May 8, 2022

hi again!
Sorry for late reply,
We are indeed in a Team-managed project i think,

And here is the screenshot you askedCapture.PNG

Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 8, 2022

I don't see an email address (which is typically the user name for Atlassian accounts).  Did your friend accept the invite to join your Jira cloud site?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events