Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira and Statuspage

Luca Tankard July 23, 2020

Hi, Is there any way to let Jira service desk report to statuspage when someone reports an incident, then put it to in progress when the jira ticket is? Or even an add on to link them while viewing the ticket.

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 28, 2020

Hi Luca,

I understand that you want to have Jira Service Desk automatically update Statuspage when a user reports an incident.  That is not something that is currently built into Jira Service Desk, but there is a feature request for this kind of functionality over in JSDCLOUD-6401.

In the meantime, it might be possible to configure something similar here through the use of the project automation in order to call an action of "Send a web request" (aka webhook).  All Jira Cloud sites now have this level of automation possible across all projects.  You could potentially send a webhook to statuspage with some details about this Jira Service Desk request.  There is some more information over in the Statuspage API docs.

But I would caution you on this approach.  Service Desk will inherently have private data such as customer name/email/etc that you typically don't ever want to publish to statuspage.   However you might be able to make this work by adjusting the payload sent to statuspage.  In turn you could also setup a later automation based on an issue status change.

I hope this helps.

Andy

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events