Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira/Slack expiring?

Jim Stewart February 16, 2021

I set up Jira/Slack integration just to play around with it and get used to it. It will likely go into production in the next few months. However, most of the company are on Macs (I'm on Windows) and so I was just advised they're getting the attached message. So, what to do to upgrade?Slack Jira.jpg

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2021

I am wondering if this is affiliated in any kind with the security advisory published yesterday:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/jira-server-for-slack-security-advisory-17th-february-2021-1044091690.html

However, there one can read:

Also, note that this does NOT affect any Jira cloud instances.

Probably other users can say more on this topic.

Jim Stewart February 18, 2021

On Jack's suggestion, I went to the app site and then wound up opening a ticket with Atlassian. I got a cryptic answer which didn't mention a security issue:

"There is an issue in their application logic that doesn't hide the upgrade request message even after upgrading the workspace. They disabled showing upgrade request in issue link preview message and they're already working on a fix

Could you please confirm?"

I'm not sure who they're asking to confirm something but anyway. 

As to the security thing, it asks you to look for "Jira Server for Slack" app to update it. There is no such beast but there IS a "Slack" app. The versions don't jive with what they are saying I should upgrade to. To be on the safe side I figured I should disable the app for now till this is sorted out. Just updating you here. I probably should continue the conversation on that ticket. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2021

jira-server-for-slack-official 

jira-server-for-slack-official-versions - the latest version addressed a vulnerability on Jan 22.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 16, 2021

i think this is just associated w/ the ap your are using, likely https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1216863/jira-cloud-for-slack-official?hosting=cloud&tab=overview 

check w/ your admin to ensure it is up-to-date.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events