Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Service Management deleted project

Phil Borrell December 16, 2020

Hi All,

I have deleted a project in the new Jira service Management (Cloud), several, in fact, and I need to recover one of them

When I go into the Trash file in Jira, there is nothing there for any deleted Jira Service Management Projects even though there is a drop-down to search that specific products trash.

Question: Does anyone know if this is a common problem with JSM?

How do I fix it?

I've raised an issue with Atlassian support, but I'd like to see if I can fix it before i hear back from them!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kris G _Alacriz_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2020

There are two options, @Phil Borrell . 

#1 Contact Atlassian to get a site backup and they'll help you get the entire instance. You just have to restore it and then extract only the project that you need. I see you've already done this which is good. 

#2 If you did a manual backup prior to deleting, that should help. But it would not have any changes that you made to the instance or project after the backup was taken. 

I hope that helps. 

best,
Kris 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2020

Atlassian won’t be able to assist with restore. If you don’t have a backup it is gone for good. Even if you have a backup, restoring might be worse as you would loose all changes since backup. 

Trash feature is only applicable to Premium not Standard. Yes it shows up but it is not useable. 

Phil Borrell December 17, 2020

@Jack, i'm sorry but you're wrong as My Jira instance is Standard and it has other projects in the Trash that I've deleted, but it seems to not store JSM deleted projects, and i'm wondering if it has anything to do with Atlassian bringing out JSM and depracating JSD?

Like Kris G _Alacriz_ likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2020

Thanks for the info Phil. Good to know this has changed. Could be a useful feature indeed. Cloud changes so frequently I can’t keep up these days ;-)

I will have to research this and re-educate myself.

i wonder if the Archive feature is supported in Standard?

Like Phil Borrell likes this
Phil Borrell December 17, 2020

Hi Jack, 

I have an option to Archive, and I have an Archive folder available, too.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events