Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Service Desk problem - Can't manage access to product for specific user

Hautot Adrien August 13, 2020

For one user only I can't manage access to product because there is no product ion the list and a beautifull error message instead...

How can I resolve it without Technical support.???

screenshot-admin.atlassian.com-2020.08.13-12_47_54.png

2 answers

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 20, 2020

Hello @Hautot Adrien,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

This issue that you are facing only happens for Trusted Users because it's not possible to manage the default groups for this type of user.

With that said, instead of clicking on … > Show product access, please click on their name to open their profile in order to see their access.

If you want them to not have access to other products, please change their role to Basic, so you will be able to add and remove them from default groups.

There is a feature request suggesting to allow admins to configure this:

Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the feature.

Regards,
Angélica

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 13, 2020

I'm afraid that is something that needs to go to support - the error message is saying "there is something wrong on the back end", which we end-users of Cloud have no access to.  If it were a server install, the starting point would be to read the application log, but Cloud users can't get to it.

Hautot Adrien August 13, 2020

unfortunately, it's in a cloud environment...

How can I resolve this problem?

Is there a jira technitian in the airplane?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 13, 2020

I don't think there's much you can do about it - we can't get to the information we need to debug it.

I would look at what might be different between this user's setup and another one for whom it works, but if that doesn't have anything in it, then yes, we'll have to get Atlassian on it.  I'll ask them if anyone can take a look (although the "free" version doesn't get support, it can't hurt to ask Atlassian about it, they're still there to help even if it's free)

Hautot Adrien August 14, 2020

Thanks for your help.

It's clearly a jira bug...

Honestly, it doesn't make me want to take a paid version... Why would I pay for a tool that doesn't work?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events