Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Service Desk is slow when logging in

Christian Schou November 1, 2019

Hi,

We have installed Jira Service Desk on a brand new Windows server using the installer. When we enter login details and hit the login button, Jira is responding very slowly by just showing a white page. After a few minutes of loading, we hit F5 and then we can see the dashboard for the service desk.

Have anyone experienced this before?

At the moment we have changed the config to be:

• Server (Virtual)
    • 4 cores 2.1Ghz
    • 16GB RAM
    • 160GB Disk
  • Jira Service Desk
    • 8 GB RAM

When checking the firewall for traffic all ports is allowed and communication between server and client is running perfectly fine. All requests are handled, but the service desk is responding very slowly.

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 5, 2019

Hi Christian,

I understand that you have a new installation of Jira Service Desk, but that trying to login to Jira will sometimes take minutes to load the dashboard the first time.  That certainly is not expected, especially for a new installation.

While I have sometimes seen very large environments, that might have lots of gadgets trying to load data to a dashboard could take longer to load, from the sounds of things here it seems like something else is happening here.  I would be interested to see if you can generate a HAR file when this happens.  These can be helpful to see if there is a specific resource being requested that is taking an exceedingly long time to load/render in the client browser. 

I have some questions about your environment here as well.

1. When this happens, is the site behaving slowly for other users that are already logged in?  Or does it seem to function normally for other users? 
  2. If you take a look at the Windows Task Manager when this happens, is the system using a large amount of cpu across these 4 cores at the same time?
  3. How much memory is being utilized by the system when this happens? I know you mentioned there is 16GB system memory and sounds like the JVM for Jira is set max to 8GB, but I'm interested to understand if still exists enough overhead of unused memory for other system processes of the operating system itself.
  4. Is this problem happening if you Bypass any proxy/SSL settings and reach the Jira site directly?

I would be interested to learn more about this problem and the frequency with which you see this happening.

Thanks

Andy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events