Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Service Desk - Slack integration

Louise Balderstone January 14, 2020

Hi, 

We have a slack channel which notifies us when new tickets are raised / actions completed in service desk. I would like to be able to target specific people who own the support contracts so we can all have our own channels - does anyone know if this is possible and if so how to do it please?

3 answers

2 votes
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2020

Hi Louise,

I did this for our IT service desk, but was only able to do it using the Automation for Jira app.  That will allow you to add in @mentions of individuals or even send to a personal slack channel.

Hope that helps

Susan

0 votes
Nick Cron November 21, 2020

Hi @Louise Balderstone - it has been a while so not sure if you found a solution for this case.  If not you can check out our app HelpDesk+ for Jira Service Desk to Slack integration

In the settings, you can specify a channel in Slack to get notified when specific request types, service desks, or labels are created.   Depending on how you allocate your owners of the support contracts you should be able to map this process using our solution. 

Here is an overview of how it would work: 

1.  End users would use a public channel, email, or portal to raise new requests in JSD

2. The settings would map specific request types and/or labels to channels in Slack

3. The users in the channel (in this case the "owners") would get notified when a new issue is created for the service they own. 

If you decide to check it out we would be happy to help you get set up. 

0 votes
chrisbuttenham February 24, 2020

Hey @Louise Balderstone if I understand you correctly, you're looking for JSD to "push" a notification to Slack when a ticket is raised (in the portal) and mention the folks that are specifically relevant to that ticket in Slack DM? I'm not sure that exists 100% the way you're describing it..

You might want to check out an app in the marketplace Obie (full disclosure: I am affiliated with the company).. it changes up the workflow you're envisioning but will let you and your colleagues raise tickets from Slack, then sync all comments/attachments/actions on the ticket in a thread so those involved can get all of the updates in one spot.. I hope this helps :)

Screen Shot 2020-02-24 at 5.58.15 PM.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events