Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Service Desk Fulltext search in issues

Lisa T_ July 16, 2021

Since your reply in 2019 to this community question, Jira Service Desk (now Jira Service Management) has changed the interface.  It was a bit convoluted to find how to do this in JSD/JSM (Cloud).  That said, my question is why the search box in the upper right not do the text search properly in a similar way even if I use the search syntax such as

comment ~ "some text"

Today the upper right search box (the one with the magnify glass) using the above syntax doesn't give me any result at all, but if I input "some text" into that search box I get 1 hit, while if I use the "Advance issue search" from the "Filters" dropdown I get 3 hits. The search box also doesn't appear to search in internal comments.

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 3, 2021

@Lisa T_ 

Jira allows for three types of search:

Quick search is the one you are referencing and it is limited in what type of searches you can perform in order to quickly display results.  You can learn more here: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/perform-a-quick-search/

The operator you provided is used in an advanced search.  Advanced search is basically a basic search but you are providing the SQL and not using the interface to construct it for you.  You can access the advanced search at the bottom of the quick search drop down.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events