Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Service Desk: Connectivity error "Couldn't connect to host"

a.bardini September 1, 2020

I'm using Service Desk Cloud.
Sometimes i receive email, sometimes i don't receive it because i have this Connectivity Error:
"Couldn't connect to host, port: outlook.office365.com, 995; timeout 50000; Using SOCKS host, port: edge-outboundproxy01-prd-euwest1.net.atlassian.com, 1080"

In other cases i receive this error:
"Read timed out"

Could you please help me how to solve it?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2020

@a.bardini  this is related to exchange server issue. There is intermittency in connection contact the system admin team.

a.bardini September 3, 2020

@Fahad SiddiquiIt's exchange online so we cannot manage it in deep or see this type of logs I suppose, I contacted our system administrator and he's going to check if there is something else that could be useful.

In the meanwhile do you have any suggestions regarding this error?

Do you have a static IP through which the connection attempts arrive and we can filter our analysis?

We've never noticed an error like this on all our devices, do you think that it can be related to the protocol used and type of connection to the server?

Do you have other alternatives in addition to this modality?

Thanks in advance

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2020

@a_bardini we faced same issue last month and our network team with system admin fixed this issue, this is for sure related to them. 

This issue for referring with servers which were on cloud and server which were host locally.

I believe there had been some changes done from network team. and they can only fix this.

@Fahad Siddiquigood news!
Then you fixed with your network team.
Do you have some info about how your network team solved the issue?

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 3, 2020

No information was provided by them how they fixed my issue

@Fahad Siddiqui Did the connection protocols was the same with that customer? POP SSL 995 and Exchange online? 

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 3, 2020

No nothing was changed done in Jira. 

i didn't talk about changes, i wanted to understand if you're using same configuration:
POP SSL 995 using exchange online.

Do you know if you used exchange online office365 or a local exchange server?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events