Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Service Desk - Connect a Custom email Account - Cannot add!?

Jaap Bakker December 16, 2020

Hi,

I have the same issue, turned of email request. Enabled again, the 3 buttons still do nothing.

Tried a few times, tried Edge and Chrome.

Any other suggestions / things we can try?

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 17, 2020

Hello Jaap,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Thank you for sharing the tests and details.

Can you please open the developer tools on Chrome and check on the console tab if it shows any error when you click on the options?

Can you test using incognito mode?

Is it happening on other Service Management projects? 

Regards,
Angélica

Jaap Bakker December 21, 2020

Hello Angélica,

I think it was a permissions error, our admin with full Jira rights (i only have admin on the project and servicedesk) was able to use the buttons.

I will test today with full Jira admin rights to see if that indeed was the issue.

ps. Chrome console does nothing e.g. no action is triggered at all when clicking the buttons.

Like Angélica Luz likes this
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 21, 2020

Hi  @Jaap Bakker,

It's necessary to be a Jira administrator to add a custom email. 

I tested here with an account that has Service Management permission and also is a project administrator. The buttons were greyed out and it's not possible to click on them. 

Adding your account to the group "administrators" will allow you to add the custom email.

Like Sebastian Krzewiński likes this
Sebastian Krzewiński
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 4, 2021

@Angélica Luz Thanks for tips. Without it, probably still I would be looking for the cause.

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events