Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Service Desk - Connect a Custom email Account - Cannot add!?

Gerard Munro August 28, 2019

I am an admin for both Jira Service Desk and the Project in question.

Looking to have tickets raised automatically via a specific incoming email address for the organisation.  This has traditionally been handled by helpdesk staff accessing the email address attached to a Shared Mailbox.  Any ticket entries are done manually. 

We therefore want to be able to have the tickets automatically logged in Jira when an incoming email is received to the Shared Mailbox address.

When I access the Project Settings > Email Requests, I can see the options and can EDIT the "Default" email address.  i.e. [ProjectName]@[OrgName].atlassian.net.

However, though the options are there for a Custom email address (Google, Microsoft & Other), clicking on the icons does nothing.  It does not launch any thing.

I've tried multiple browsers and settings in case a pop-up is blocked but nothing seems to work.

FYI - The email address we wish to use is an O365 account.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 29, 2019

Hi Gerard,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!
When we click on any of those buttons, it will show these options:

Screen Recording 2019-08-29 at 04.07 PM.gif

Can you please open the developer tools on your browser and then click on any of the three buttons to check if it will show any error?
Have you tried to make these settings using incognito mode?
Is there any other admin facing this issue?

Regards,
Angélica

Gerard Munro September 1, 2019

Thank you.   I have no idea what has changed though it worked this morning?!

0 votes
Ina September 11, 2019

@Angélica Luz I seem to have the same issue. The buttons are not responsive. I tried incognito, with same results. There are some errors in console.err3.PNGerr2.PNGerr1.PNG

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 13, 2019

Hi Ina,

Thank you for reaching out!

This issue usually happens when we migrate from one instance to another. Not sure if that’s was your case, but to fix this we need to disable and enable the email requests.

Please, go to Project settings > Email requests > … > Disable all email requests > Turn off and then it will show “Turn on email support”, so click on this button to enable it again.

Screenshot 2019-09-13_14-18-01-050.png

After that, try to add the custom email again.

Regards,
Angélica

Like # people like this
Kara Kerkhof December 5, 2019

!! Will disabling email requests affect any other service desk projects running simultaneously? We do not have time for down-time.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
December 6, 2019

Hi @Kara Kerkhof

Disabling the mail handler on a project will only affect that project.

Each Service Desk has a separated email channel, so it won't affect anything.

Regards,
Angélica

nadeem.nabi June 15, 2021

Hi Angelica

We are having the same issue and have tried both incognito mode as well as disabling and reenabling email requests but still no joy.  The 3 email choice just don't do anything when I click on them...

Thanks

Nadeem

nadeem.nabi June 15, 2021

FYI - We are also using O365 account

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
June 16, 2021

Hello @nadeem.nabi,

Thank you for reaching out to Community!

In order to add a custom email address, it's necessary to be a project administrator and also a Jira administrator.

Checking the details of your site, I was able to see that you are part of the groups jira-software-users and jira-servicemanagement-users only.

Please, reach out to your site administrator and ask them to add you to the jira-administrators and administrators group. After that, the option to add a custom email will work.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events