Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Service Desk Automation Based off Request Name Not Issue Type

Richard Maltese April 8, 2019

I am trying to find out if my team can create an automation that auto assigns the issue based off the Request Name instead of the Issue Type. Has anyone been able to do this? If so can you provide me the details how you did this?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Richard Maltese April 10, 2019

Had to get help from Jira Directly for this one. When creating the automation you would need to set it to go by the request type by going into advance. "Request Type" = "Customer Request Type (Project)" .

0 votes
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2019

@Richard Maltese Please find a similar Atlassian Community post, which will provide you with insights into how to use "Customer Request Type" Service Desk field for JSD Request Types in a JQL query, that you can use in your JIRA/JSD automations.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/search-value-quot-customer-request-type-quot/qaq-p/235106

Hope it helps !

Richard Maltese April 8, 2019

Unfortunately that does not help. I am on Jira Cloud. Also need to note that Automation can be set for the Issue Type and not based off the Request name. See attached. I want to be able to setup an Automation to Auto Assign the issue to our phone support that handles Desk Phones (Circled in red). I do not want the Issue Type Phone (highlighted in yellow) to be the to go to that same person as we have other people that work on Phone related issues. Jira.PNG

Right now the only way I can Auotmate this is by All Issue Type "Phone" being assigned to 1 person then they have to assign it to the correct person. 

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2019

@Richard Maltese What automation and automation rules are you using for your use case? JSD automation or any other 3rd-party add-on ? If JSD automation, then which specific rule? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events