Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Service Desk - Automatic Ticket Generation from email with customized fields

Paul.Coker June 18, 2020

We are new to Jira Service Desk and we need to configure Jira Service Desk to automatically generate service desk ticket from email received from a specific customer and the email will have information to be populated in customized fields in the Jira Service Desk. Please advise how this can be achieved?

2 comments

Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2020

Hello @Paul.Coker the native Jira functionalities don't allow you to fill custom fields based on the email text. I've used in the past the following app to do that

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/4977/email-this-issue?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Paul.Coker July 7, 2020

Thank you Hernan, I will check out the email this issue app,

Rudy Holtkamp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 18, 2020

If you can rely on the email format the customer is sending, u should be able to use Automation for Jira for this.

When a customer sends an email to the service deskTdesk it is transformed into a ticket. The email body becomes the description field.

You can disect the description with an automation rule if you trigger on issue created. Then use smart values to fill your fields.

But the culprit is in the email the customer sends. 

Paul.Coker July 7, 2020

Many thanks Rudy. I will try out this process.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events