Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Mobile App for Service Desk

Gianpaolo Panucci December 2, 2018

Hi Guys,

We've recently rolled out Jira service desk for our company, we've got all the projects setup, everything seems to be ready to go.

We've tested the tickets being created via emails.

The only thing we can't find is how to get a push notification on our phones when a ticket is lodged. Initially tickets should go to the whole team and then whoever picks it up first will change the status to In Progress, etc. It's more about being notified at all.

Is there a setting we've missed somewhere?

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2018

If you are using the Jira mobile app you should get notifications. As well your agents will get emails if you have configured notifications on Create for the group your agents are associated with, e.g. Service desk team.

Hi @Jack Brickey,

That's what I would have thought too, but I've just had a ticket created an no push notification on any devices.

The ticket stays as Waiting for Support until we assign it to someone, and it still doesn't notify when a user has been assigned a ticket??

Is there something we need to double check before it notifies?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2018

Send a screenshot of your notifications scheme for Create.

HI @Jack Brickey,

Thanks for the speedy reply again.

Check below.

Capture.PNG

Thanks again for your assistance.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 2, 2018

Are your agents part of Jira-servicedesk-users? Check with all users in that group to see if any receive emails.

Hi Jack,

Im a user, part of the ground, and I get emails but no push notification. I’ve checked my phone settings and everything is as expected, notifications all on, nothing hidden , etc.

Really stuck with this one.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 2, 2018

Ok so you are getting emails just not mobile app notifications. I will need to try some tests tomorrow on this.

That's right, is it something to do with the app needing to be chosen as a notification method?
I know I'm logged in as myself, because I can see the tickets as they come in, but do I need to define it as a notifying endpoint?

Thanks for your assistance.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events