Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Issue Importer into servicedesk

Tom Sleebe January 15, 2021

Hi All,

Currently I'm trying to import existing tickets from our in-house build ticketing system into Atlassian ServiceDesk.
Got it sort of working users/organizations seem to work through the REST API.
For the issues and comments am using the Jira Issue Importer (JIM or something they called it I think) since we need to be able to import Issues and customers as other users and from a historic date, which the rest API of the servicedesk doesn't seem to support.

This in basis seems to work relatively well, am able to import issues, attachments and comments. What I'm not able to do is set if the comment should be a "customer reply" or an internal comment.
For some odd reason if the comment was placed by me originally its a "customer reply" but if its somebody else its an internal one.

So my question is, how would I configure if its a customer reply or a internal comment from within the JSON (also tried string based values, but otherwise this message might get way to long)?

Thanks in advance!

Have tried multiple variants like:
{code:json}

{
"projects": [
{
"{snip}Let's assume this is all fine{/snip}",
"issues": [
{
"priority": "High",
"description": "Best ticket ever",
"status": "DONE",
"reporter": "MiniMe",
"watchers": [
"WhatAboutYou",
],
"externalId": 1,
"issueType": "Submit a request or incident",
"resolution": "DONE",
"created": "somedate",
"summary": "Might possibly be the worst ticket in the history of tickets ever",
"history": [],
"attachments": [],
"comments": [
{
"body": "First comment!",
"properties": {
"key": "sd.public.comment",
"value": {
"internal": false
}
},
"created": "2020-10-13T12:37:06+02:00",
"author": "5bc4b67938d0f87d5dfc5f6f"
},
]
}
{code}

or

{
{
{
"WhatAboutYou",
],
{
"sd.public.comment":  false,
},
]
}
{code}

or

{
{
{
"WhatAboutYou",
],
{
"public":  false,
},
]
}
{code}

2 answers

1 vote
Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2021

Hi @Tom Sleebe ,

Welcome to the community!

There are a couple of other options
Restoring a project from backup
- Using third party plugins like Configuration Manager for JiraProject Configurator for Jira 

Also, be aware that System Admin CSV Import will not carry the following fields: Sprint Value, Attachments and Issue History.

If your issue still exists, you can contact Atlassian Team HERE

Regards,

Soumyadeep

Tom Sleebe January 18, 2021

Hi Soumyadeep,

Thanks you for the response!

Will checkout those thirdparty plugins, since I'm not sure how I can import a backup that I don't have?

Kind regards,

- Tom

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2021

Hi @Tom Sleebe

I found reports on this behaviour so close to your description that I assume it is not possible right now but I would be happy to be proven wrong as one of the report is only for Server (not for Cloud which I understood you are migrating to) and the other one seems to deal with comment visibility as for restrictions per roles/group (non-JSM) but not specifically the distinction for internal/external comments as for customers that can be done in JSM projects.

I will list both of them here nevertheless so you can do your own refined assessment:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-5529 &
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-69221

Before saving this comment I found this last one - from the looks it described what you observe and is still in status "gathering interest". Please check.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-64464

One add to what already was said about Apps: Configuration Manager is not yet compatible with Jira Cloud.
I assume the target to migrate to is Jira Cloud based on the information the post has in Community.

Cheers,
Daniel

Tom Sleebe January 18, 2021

Hi Daniel,

I did indeed find those as well, spent quite a bit of time searching for solutions/alternatives.
Since code wise I'm not familiar with Atalassian products, wasn't sure if there is indeed a difference between group visibility and the visibility option used by the ServiceDesk application.

Did start at first with an implementation for the REST API, but that doesn't allow for commenting as a different user or placing historic comments.

Really hope I can find some alternative way, since otherwise we basically cannot migrate towards Atlassian servicedesk.

Thanks for the extra information I can at least investigate some of the options you've given me.

Kind regards,

- Tom

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 18, 2021

At least I am not aware of any special tricks and/or alternative solutions. But this is an open-ended thread - so maybe some other people will chime in.
Keep my fingers crossed!

Like Tom Sleebe likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events