Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Insight : How to change avatar attachment to file attachment on create object form?

Saqib Dar May 3, 2023

Dear Community,

Jira Insight : How to change avatar attachment to file attachment on create object form?

When I am trying to attach it shows an error as I am uploading pdf I want to change the avatar attachment to the file attachment.

However, once I created the object I can attach the files.

please find attachmentimage.png

Thanks.

Regards,

Saqib 

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
JM Perrot
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2023

Hi Saqib,

I have never seen this error before but at the same time I have never tried to upload a PDF image. Have you tried with a png format?

Regards,

JM

Saqib Dar May 3, 2023

@JM Perrot  i want to change it avatar to file.

image is working however, i want to change it t files as avatar is not working in our business case

JM Perrot
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2023

The avatar should be an image, but if you want to add files, you can use the attachment field (I'm not sure if this answers your problem).

Otherwise you can take a screenshot of your file and upload it to the avatar.

Like Georges SF likes this
Saqib Dar May 3, 2023

@JM Perrot  how i can add attachment field to the create object form ?

JM Perrot
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2023

Well it's not possible to upload a PDF in the avatar field and the field attachments is available only in Edition mod.

There is a ticket about this topic on the Atlassian's Jira  : https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-7871 

So I believe there is no simple option.

• You can create an object type "File" and upload all your files in this section and after you can link your object with this files via "attributes" (available at the creation)
  • You can add your files after the creation

I hope I helped you but sorry for this disappointment 

Like Georges SF likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events