Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Dashboards, setting for team to show current user?

Troy Wilson March 15, 2022

Greetings!

I am working across several projects for our recently adopted Jira Cloud, and one wierd thing I ran into was that I set Jira Dashboards for "Current User". My hope was that I could create a team dashboard for tthe project which would highlight the issues by the "Current User".

On investigation that simply locks the filter to "ME"

Anyone know a way to get the filter to display to the user that is logged in, so whomever is opening the dashboard will see their personal tickets?

I think this might not be a thing, but it seems liek a pretty obvioous option to have.

1 answer

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2022

Hi Troy,

If you were asking how to create a single dashboard that will present the data conditionally based on the current user than what you should do is create filters with the currentuser() function.

for example I might create a GQL to show all of my current open issues

project = 123 and assignee = currentuser() and statuscategory() != done

by creating these unique filters and applying them to the appropriate gadgets than whomever is logged in and looking at that dashboard will see issues associated to them.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events