Jira CREATE Issue button not creating issues

Gianpaolo Marcogliese November 23, 2020

Hi Everyone, 

I'm currently experiencing an issue with the Create button in my classic service project. When agents as myself go to create a new issue, will fill out the fields required and upon create the issue is nowhere to be found. I'm not sure why that is the case... when I try the Create button on other projects it seems to work perfectly fine and issues immediately appear in our backlog or queries. 

create_jira.PNG

Second part to my question, is the Create button above linked to the Widget? or are they totally separate? 

If they're linked then I do have a validation error and a request type has unsupported fields error:

unsupported_fields.PNGvalidation_failed.PNG

if they're aren't linked to each other where can I find the configuration for that Create button?

Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 23, 2020

so for the first issue are you saying the Create appears to be successful (no error message)? Assuming so, do you not see the momentary pop-up in the top righthand corner when you create? Let's do a test...

1. Create an issue
  2. Observe top right. Popup? Yes - click on the link in the popup and observe. No - proceed to 3.
  3. Click on the search box and then Advanced search
  4. enter this JQL - createddate > startofday()
  5. check that the list is sorted by date descending do you see your issue?

Now for your second question, the widget isn't tied to the Create button. I believe the warning is due to having a field required in the form for a RT that cannot be displayed on the Widget create issue. The last failure error is because you have not yet configured a login-free portal 

Hi @Jack Brickey 

Thanks to your steps I was able to narrow down the issue...the reason why it wasn't appearing in my queue was because the filter was looking for issues that contain a certain Resolution in the resolution field. 

I'm coming across a new confusing issue now... I've added the Resolution field to my screen but it doesn't appear on my issues. So currently I don't have any way of controlling the resolution of my issues.

Let me know if you require a screenshot.

thank you!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 23, 2020

a screenshot would be nice. one that displays the detail issue view for a resolved issue.

Hey Jack,

Hopefully this helps... as you can seen I've assigned the field Resolution to my screen

resolution_screen.PNG

And you can see in the next image I've added it to my field scheme

screen_scheme.PNG

But it's not appearing on my issue 

ticket_fields.PNG

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin