Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira CLI: addParticipants with runFromCsv doesn't let me set participants from CSV file

Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2020
acli --action runFromCsv --file participants.csv --propertyFile participants.prop --common '-a addParticipants' --continue

I'm getting the dreaded:

Parameter error: This function requires a non-blank value for parameter participants.

participants.csv:

request,participants
FOO-1619,"accountID1"
FOO-1620,"accountID1"
FOO-1621,"accountID2"

participants.prop:

field.request = request
field.participants = participants

So, if I specify --participants on the command line in the common section, it works fine, but of course, I'd have to generate a unique CSV for each participant I'm trying to add.

Does addParticipants support the participants parameter via CSV?

I'm on Cloud, FWIW. Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Amulya Akula {Appfire} December 18, 2020

Hi @Darryl Lee ,

We are from the BobSwift support team. Thank you for raising the request with us.

We would like to inform you that we have created a support request on your behalf in our portal.

Please let us know if you are able to access the below ticket:
https://bobswift.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1/SUPPORT-5453

Regards,
Amulya Akula

Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2020

Hi @Amulya Akula {Appfire}  no I can't see the ticket. What email was used to create the ticket? My da****l.l**@gmail.com address?

Amulya Akula {Appfire} February 26, 2021

Hi @Darryl Lee ,

We apologize for the inconvience caused and we have changed to the correct reporter now.

Please let us know if you are able to access the below ticket:
https://bobswift.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1/SUPPORT-5453

Also find the below answer:

1. Create a CSV file with the below parameters and place the file in CLI Client path (runfromcsv.csv is been used in this example)
    screenshot-1.png
  2. Ensure to update the acli.properties file with correct credentials.(i.e, token site details, etc.,for more info refer to link: https://bobswift.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ACLI/pages/972292262/Getting+Started+with+Configuration+for+Mac+and+Linux)
  3. Execute the below action:
    acli --action runFromCsv --file runfromcsv.csv --common '-a addParticipants' --continue

4. The desired output is shown below on terminal
    Run: --request "AS1-1" --participants "Manisha Kharga" -a addParticipants
    Participants added.

Run: --request "AS1-3" --participants "Raja Seemakurthi" -a addParticipants
    Participants added.

Run completed successfully. 2 actions were successful from file: /Users/Downloads/Confluence/CLI_9.x/9.x/runfromcsv.csv
  5. Please find the output on the Jira UI .

In case of any issues, please append --debug to the below action and share the debug logs.
acli --action runFromCsv --file runfromcsv.csv --common '-a addParticipants' --continue --debug

Regards,
Amulya Akula

Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 26, 2021

Hey @Amulya Akula {Appfire} thank you. Can you please reattach screenshot-1.png? It didn't come through.

Or you could copy-paste what the contents of your runfromcsv.csv looked like.

And yes, I can see the ticket now. I guess if we resolve things here, I'll close it.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events