Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Automation: Updating an issue field from selection in Assets

Trevor de Souza April 7, 2024

Hi,

I am trying to set up an automation so that whenever an issue is created in a project, a custom field linked to Assets is updated in that issue.

I'm not sure what to enter in here.

Jira Assets PMO.png

In this instance i'm trying to update this field with "Project Management Office" which is an object in one of our Object Schemas 

1 answer

0 votes
Zoey Wang
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2024

Hi @Trevor de Souza 

In your Custom Asset field: Program / Portfolio, it expects a smart value to filter out what value(s) to be allowed to populate when the issue is being edited by automation. 

You may also notice a reminder showing in the image

"If the Assets field you're editing can only have one value, and your AQL query returns multiple values, the first value returned by the query will be used for the field."

So please be aware of the custom field settings to align with this bit as well.

Trevor de Souza April 8, 2024

Thanks for the reply @Zoey Wang 

So from what I can gather, the AQL syntax I would use would be Name = "Project Management Office"

As the field I am filtering for is called Name and the object is "Project Management Office"

But when I run the Syntax I get an error message:

Error
An unknown error occurred. Please reload and try again.

Zoey Wang
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2024

Hi @Trevor de Souza 

Here is a post which seems to be able to walk you through with a good example. hope it helps!

Trevor de Souza May 4, 2024

Thanks Zoey.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events