Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSM create screen toggle "Use request type fields" affects REST API calls

Joerg October 12, 2023

Hi,

so as I just discovered, opening the create screen in the UI and toggling the "Use request type fields" on/off and then closing the screen again without creating an issue actually dictates which fields are required for rest api calls to endpoint "rest/api/2/issue".

I couldn't find anything about that in the documentation and I couldn't find a way to actually add a json key and value to the REST calls to make sure the backend fields are used, and not the customer portal fields (which have different required fields in out setup) .

I had to actually flip this switch in the UI, which I discovered on a wild hunch as I was desperately trying to figure out why I get blocked by customer portal field requirements.

My expectation was that "rest/api/2/issue" always uses the backend fields as it is not a JSM endpoint and if any endpoint was going to be using the customer portal fields instead then it would have been "rest/servicedeskapi/request", but this is not the case, it seems.

I have not tested how "rest/servicedeskapi/request" behaves yet. So maybe somebody could share their knowledge here if it simulates the customer or agent creation process.

So this post is about raising awareness and asking if there is a way to set this within one of the issue creation REST calls or maybe if there is a different call entirely to set this flag.

image.png

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events