cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSM: Migrate selected projects rather than whole site

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2020

Hi all!

I have a question concerning Jira Service Management and tis migration from server to cloud. First of all, I know that the jira cloud assistant doesn't include JSM and that the JSM assistant is currently under development. That leaves us with the following documentation about exporting the site and importing it to cloud.

Now, to my knowledge, site export will export all projects from your current site. But I was just wondering, if you can selectively export the projects you want from the server, so as to import them on the cloud. Is this possible, or you have to clean your DB first from all "garbage" and then initiate the backup and restore procedure?

Thank you in advance!

Cheers
Alex

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 8, 2020

Hello Alex.

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

When it comes to migration, currently, as you mentioned, it's not possible to migrate a single Service Management project using Jira Cloud Migration Assistant.

Also, Server doesn't have the functionality to export a single project, that would be a workaround (you could export a single project, import on a test Server instance, and then create a backup for Cloud).

Another workaround is to create a new Cloud site, import the full backup from Server, and then on this new Cloud site you can delete the projects, fields, and anything else that you don't need and then, create a backup from Cloud to Cloud and import to your production site.

If you have any other questions regarding this matter, please let us know.

Regards,
Angélica

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2020

Thank you @Angélica Luz for your reply!

Cheers,
Alex

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders