cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSD HR service desk and Help Center problem

Jakub Łączak
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 5, 2020

Hi all,

I've started a free trial of Jira Service Desk few weeks ago and I wanted to create a project from HR service desk template. It was supposed to be used for ON/OFF-boarding and I wanted to keep the JSD as free (so up to 3 agents, but we do have over 150 employees). Everything looked pretty neat, especially the Help Center. The thing is that if people were to create a ticket through Help Center they can't choose a manager from user picker field (I didn't change anything in the template). For me as an agent it's possible to see people from which I can choose and I can see suggestions, but non-agents/customers just see 'no users found' no matter if they leave it blank or start typing and they cannot fill this field in any way even though it's required. 2nd thing is not as important, but as an agent I can see a 'raise a request' button when opening the project. Customers don't see that and they can only access Help Center if they have the URL to it. Is it possible to just add the button so people can just click on it from the project or make it more accessible in any way?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2020

Customers are not supposed to see people in your organisation beyond the person (agents) handling their case.   A customer certainly should not have any say in who is assigned as a manager.

Jakub Łączak
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 6, 2020

Thanks for your response. It's still confusing to me though. If they are not supposed to have any say in who is assigned as a manager then why are they able to assign it from JSD project itself, but not from Help Center? In this case I'd like to have HR as a customer so they can create the tickets for me. I'd also like to use JSD for few more things, but this is a bit limiting, at least for me.

What is the purpose of Help Center in general? When I saw it it struck me that it could be used as a great starting point for new joiners.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events