Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JQL for Time to First Response

Gabriela Serratto April 26, 2023

Hi All,

Is there any way I can create a filter that shows me only the tickets that have a specific SLA goal?

For example, I want to see all issues with the Time to First Response SLA Goal set to 15 minutes.

It's not relevant information (for me) if they've breached the SLA or how long they took to be actioned on.

Appreciate your help!!

3 answers

1 vote
Kateryna_v_SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 30, 2023

Hi @Gabriela Serratto 

I recently wrote an article about “16 Most Popular JQL Filters for SLAs in Jira Cloud”. Check it out. I think there will be more useful options for you, but, in my opinion, this is the most relevant to your request:

"Time to First Response" = paused() OR "Time to First Response" = breached() OR "Time to First Response” = running()

A more straightforward way is using third-party add-ons, such as SLA Time and Report for Jira (developed by my team). Because there, you can open the dashboard “Grid table report” and filter all issues by selecting SLA and all required statuses or other parameters.
sla time and report issue filter.png
I hope this helps you.

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2023

@Gabriela Serratto -

Hi Gabriela:

Welcome to the community.  You may want to consider the following to obtain what you wanted.  

1) As part of the SLA configuration goal setup, you typically uses specific JQL to apply the specific Time Goal against the issues that fit the JQL criteria.

2023-04-26_9-55-29.png

2) Example - If I want to find all the issues where "2h" time goal is applied for Time to first response event, I can simply re-use the same JQL to obtain all the issues that have this specific time goal assignment (i.e. issuetype = Incident)

You will just need to find the JQL configuration in your JSM project's SLA setup - Project settings >> SLA

Hope this makes sense.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

0 votes
Ajay _view26_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2023

Hi @Gabriela Serratto 

Welcome to the community!

You can very well use a JQL with the SLA name 

"Time to First Response" = running() 
Gabriela Serratto April 26, 2023

Thanks for replying Ajay.

This query only returns me the tickets that still have the SLA count running despite the SLA goal time.

I need to see all tickets (closed or not) that have the SLA goal time set to 15 minutes (breached or not).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events