cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JQL based on group

Javid Huseynli September 12, 2022

Hi,

I have this JQL 

(assignee in membersOf(DevOpsCoE) OR reporter in membersOf(DevOpsCoE)) AND project not in (DevOps)

It shows all issues where the assignee and reporter is a member of group "DevOpsCoE" excluding issues from project DevOps

I have a project with key DIT with issue types: Epic, Task, Story, Bug and DevOps Task.

Now I need to add to my JQL only issue type "DevOps Task"

Which JQL will be correct?

2 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2022

will the following work?

type "DevOps Task" And ((assignee in membersOf(DevOpsCoE) OR reporter in membersOf(DevOpsCoE)) AND project not in (DevOps))

No, it shows only DevOps task from DIT project. From DIT project I need only issue type DevOps task and all other issues from other projects where assignee and reporter is a member of group DevOpsCoE except DevOps project

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2022

(Project = DIT AND type = devops) OR  (project != DIT And (assignee in membersOf(DevOpsCoE) OR reporter in membersOf(DevOpsCoE)))

here is how it breaks down according to your recent response...

• From DIT project I need only issue type DevOps task >> Project = DIT AND type = devops
  • all other issues from other projects where assignee and reporter is a member of group DevOpsCoE except DevOps project >>  (project != DIT And (assignee in membersOf(DevOpsCoE) OR reporter in membersOf(DevOpsCoE)))

Please note the OR in bold. Your statements are a bit conflicting in one case you seem to want both the assignee and reporter to be a member of the DevOpsCoE however your JQL uses OR. If you need both in the group change OR to AND.

if this isn't what you're looking for please articulate and words precisely what you want.

Like Pier-Olivier Tremblay likes this
Javid Huseynli September 15, 2022

It works. Thank you!

0 votes
Answer accepted
Pier-Olivier Tremblay
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2022

Do you need only the DevOps task issue type?

Jack's answer is good but if you need to filter "DevOps task" issue type only when the issue is in DIT and get all the other issue types from other project it won't do it.

Let us know the exact outcome you are looking for so we can advise better.

PO Tremblay

FMX Solutions - Gold solution partner

From DIT project I need only issue type DevOps task and all other issues from other projects where assignee and reporter is a member of group DevOpsCoE except DevOps project

Pier-Olivier Tremblay
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2022

(project in (DIT) AND type = "DevOps task") OR (project not in (DIT,DevOps) AND (assignee in membersOf(DevOpsCoE) OR reporter in membersOf(DevOpsCoE)))

Translation : All the issues of type DevOps task in project DIT OR All issues not in DIT AND DevOps where the assignee OR the reporter are in DevOpsCoe.

Does it do the trick?

Javid Huseynli September 15, 2022

It does. Thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events