cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JQL Keywords Sync

Nick Hassell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2020

I am new to ScriptRunner - and want to try the JQL Keywords Sync feature.  It needs an initial sync, but I get an error against three of my projects: "There is an issue security scheme configured, you MUST ensure that the ScriptRunner Add-on user can view and edit all issues".

It's true, there is an issue security scheme configured against these projects.  I have edited the Security Levels in use, and added the Single User (Scriptrunner for Jira) to each of the Security Levels, but the error still persists.

In addition, I have updated the Permission Scheme so that Edit Issue also has Single User - Scriptrunner for Jira) added, but still the error persists. 

Can you tell me where to go now please?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nick Hassell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2020

Adaptavist have confirmed that this is just an information message - it does not imply that there is an actual problem.  The sync will still work even if the messages are displayed. 

I requested that a change be raised to make this clear.

George Apostolopoulos February 16, 2022

yeah this isnt working for me. I have tried 2 days in a row now to resync and it will not progress forward for this exact issue, and when I try to use the keywords they are not working.

0 votes
Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2020

Hi Nick,

Thank you for your question.

Can you please ensure that the ScriptRunner add on user has full browse and edit permissions inside of the standard project permission scheme as well as the issue security scheme to see if this resolves the error.

If you are still encountering issues after trying this workaround then could I please ask you to raise a support ticket inside of our support portal located here so that we can work with yourself to resolve this issue.

Regards,
Kristian

Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2020

Hi Nick,

I can confirm as per the support ticket that you have raised that we have checked this message around the issue security scheme and can confirm that once you have granted Edit issue access to the add on the user then you can ignore this warning as the issues will be synchronised.

Regards,

Kristian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events