Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA ticket is created in our queue but is meant for another team who was copied on the request?

Alex Barron December 29, 2020

The majority of our requests are created from email. What's the best practice of how to handle this type of request that is opened up in my team's queue?

Use case:

Employee emails my team (HR) and copies another team (Payroll)

JIRA ticket is opened

Problem: The request is meant for Payroll but they don't have a JIRA queue and do not normally work on tickets. We don't want to keep track of this ticket since it's not meant for us and there is no work for us to do. 

Best solution/workaround?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2020

Hi Alex, so if Payroll does not use JSM at all (unfortunate) then I would simply close the issue with a resolution of your choosing and add a comment to the reporter to please contact Payroll. There is no reasonable way for HR in this case to monitor the closure between Payroll and the employee. Now with that said, given this is HR I would be careful passing the bucks onto speak. Ideally you could convince payroll to assign an agent to all payroll related employee issues and have them work it in their queue. IMO, JSM is a great place to handle employee issues at all levels. 

Alex Barron December 29, 2020

Thank you! I think we'd cause too much trouble by closing the request but getting other teams to help in JIRA will be difficult too. I'll have to think on this.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2020

The other option is just to own it. Have the HR agent own closure with Payroll. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events