Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA service desk Issue number sequence

don_padmaperuma April 17, 2020

Hi, I have an existing Service desk project with about 200 tickets created and want to increase the issue number sequence to a higher value. Current vale is SD-350 and I would like to increase this to a 5 digit number. Is this possible and if so how can I achieve this?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2020

Hi Don, welcome to the Community. Do you mean to change SD-350 to SD-35000? This is not possible until you approach 5-digits worth of issues, i.e. SD-9999 leads to SD-10000.

Hi Jack, Yes, I've seen an article to increase the counter but that was for the on-premise version. Is there a way to forcefully increase the sequence?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2020

the only way I could think of would be to create issues and then delete. that would be 10000 - 350 = 9650 issue. yikes!

Thanks Jack. I have one other query. Can I change the Project Key now safely? Will it have any impact on the functionality? 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 17, 2020

Yes you can change the project key successfully.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events