JIRA Service desk is not licensed

Eddy Fras June 22, 2018

When trying to access our service desk (/servicedesk/customer/portal/...), we get this error :403.png

When checking licenses in admin interface, everything seems ok :Capture.PNG

How can I solve this problem ?

Thanks !

2 answers

1 vote
Kirill Putryk July 1, 2019

Hi,

We have the same problem, but clearing cashe did not help... Problem apeared after we migrate our database from one instance to another...

Kirill Putryk July 1, 2019

We discovered that we made upgrade and my admin installed demo DTB insted of production so our problem solved.

Flavien CIOTOLA March 8, 2021

0 votes
Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2018

@Eddy FrasAt least it is yellow not red( we can  classify it as warning)  i would clear  browser cache and try again  on  a different browser,  verify  your service desk  project  whether you  have  the right permission  to  view  this portal, lastly  after done  these, then  you  could try  this

JIRA Fails due to Encountered a 403 Forbidden error loading this page 

Best!

Eddy Fras June 22, 2018

Thanks a lot, just cleared the browser cache and I was able to access my portal again !

Strange behaviour anyway ...

Eddy Fras June 22, 2018

Well, finally, this is not totally fixed on my side ...

I have two Jira/JSD instances, clearing cache worked for the first one but not for the second one.

I noticed also that I have the JSD conf menu available on first instance but not on the second one.

First : 

Capture1.PNG

Second :

Capture2.PNG

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2018

@Eddy FrasWhen  you  click  application  access,  what  is displayed?

Eddy Fras June 22, 2018

I got this :

Capture3.PNG

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 22, 2018

@Eddy FrasYou  see that  you don't have access,  add group jira-adminstrators  as  admin,   under  Jira  Service Desk  i believe you are in this  group you  will  be fine  :)

Eddy Fras June 25, 2018

Hi !

I'm already part of jira-servicedesk-users so I have access to JSD.

As said previously, I was able to access my JSD portal once when I cleared my browser cache so access rights are OK. Now, for an unknown reason, I can't access it anymore.

I tried anyway your solution (adding jira-administrators to JSD) but that's not better, I still don't have JSD menu items in the left panel :

Capture4.PNG

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 25, 2018

@Eddy Fras

Next thing I would do is verify Service Desk is enabled under Add-Ons > Manage Add-Ons.  Click the drop-down arrow next to Service Desk and you'll see "X of X Modules enabled."  If there are some modules that are not enabled you can click the link and enable the modules that are not enabled.

If all the modules look to be enabled, restart JIRA and once JIRA restarts take a look at the logs.  There will be an atlassian-jira.log in the JIRA_HOME folder and you should also see an atlassian-servicedesk.log.

Take a look in both of those logs and you may see an error indicating an issue during installation. 

If you see the Service Desk modules are not being enabled for some reason you cannot enable them via the UI, you can enable them directly from the database.

Best!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events