Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA Service Desk portal within SharePoint

wverheij-koskamp September 12, 2017

Hello,

Currently all of our co-workers use SharePoint to submit a ticket. As we want to move to JIRA Service Desk, but also keep things easy for the co-workers, we want to include JIRA Service Desk on the old ticket page through SharePoint's "Pageviewer" functionality. Basicly, this just creates an iframe with the portal as it's source.

On most browser we've tested this, it works perfectly, as expected. However, surprise surprise, it doesn't work on any version of Internet Explorer, which most people use to access intranet in our company. Instead, it returns a JSON string with data (such as contactAdminLink, sharedPortalName, allowCookies and so forth). Now I did find out that when checking the console, it returns three JavaScript errors which don't show up when you just access the portal URL (which works just fine). The following errors are returned:

SCRIPT1010: Expected identifier
batch.js (222,164)
SCRIPT5007: The value of the property 'define' is null or undefined, not a Function object
com.atlassian.analytics.analytics-client:js-events.js (6,1)
SCRIPT5009: 'Calendar' is undefined
jira.webresources:calendar-nl.js (3,1)

Adding on to this, after a bit more of research, it also returns the following "Permission denied" errors. 

SCRIPT70: Permission denied
login (2,1)

SCRIPT1010: Expected identifier
batch.js (222,164)

com.atlassian.analytics.analytics-client:js-events.js (3,31)

jira.webresources:calendar-nl.js (3,1)

To make it even more weird is that for me, when I visit the page by simply clicking the menu item, it throws the aforementioned errors. When I refresh the page without leaving it to visit another page, no erros are thrown and everything works fine. For someone else, refreshing just keeps returning the same errors and JSON code.

Is there any way we can fix this?

1 answer

0 votes
codeatsg
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 13, 2018

Hi Wessel,

We regret you have to go through this experience.

If you are using JSD Cloud, following link can provide more information https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/get-requests-from-an-embeddable-widget-937890652.html.

Also please note JSD Server currently doesn't support embedded customer portal. 

If you feel like this is something we must address, please raise a request with Support <https://getsupport.atlassian.com>.

Jon Pickup May 21, 2021

Hi Wessell

I notice from your post that you currently use Sharepoint to submit tickets into Jira. Can I enquire how you have achieved this?

I have searched the community and noticed there are a lot of post regarding Sharepoint integration with Jira put no answers that I can follow. I am a novice at Jira and Sharepoint so would need quite a beginners guide.

Best Regards

Jon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events