Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA Service Desk and JIRA Software Integration

ServiceDesk Things_io November 16, 2020

Hello, I'm trying to integrate JIRA Service Desk and JIRA Software (two different URLs) Can this be done? Should I install use a thrid party app from marketplace for this? If so which app will get the job done?

+ Also please share any documentations or videos related to this.

2 answers

2 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 17, 2020

Hello @ServiceDesk Things_io

Thank you for reaching out.

Just as @Fazila Ashraf mentioned, we must know exactly what kind of integration you're trying to achieve.

If you just need to link issues from both sites (SD and Software), a simple Application link would be enough, as described in the documentation below:

Link an issue 

Let us know if you are looking for something different than that.

ServiceDesk Things_io November 17, 2020

Hello @Petter Gonçalves thank you for the reply, lets say rather than integrating JSW with JSD, what if I created a new JSW in same instance that JSD is in, how can I migrate my current JSW to the new JSW which I'm creating 

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2020

From what I understood you had one Jira instance (Jira Software) on a server and now installed another instance of Jira Software but this time you have Jira Service Desk on top (meanwhile it is called Jira Service Management but this does not matter in this regard).
Is this correct?

Further I understood you want to migrate data from old Jira Software instance and probably retire the old server so you only have the new one - JSW + JSD.

Therefore you would need an App like Project Configurator or Configuration Manager from Marketplace. There is no built-in possibility to do so.

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 18, 2020

Hello @ServiceDesk Things_io

Thank you for the details provided.

As @Daniel Ebers mentioned, the merging process of Jira Cloud sites does not support Service Desk/ Service management projects (as specified here), however, you can still migrate your Jira software issues in CSV or JSON format, although this has some limitations. You can find more details about this approach in the docs below:

Import data from JSON 

Import data from a CSV file 

Import and export issue workflows 

Let us know if you have any questions.

2 votes
Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2020

@ServiceDesk Things_io  , Application linking should be enough to connect both instances.

What is the purpose of the integration? What should be done between these 2 integrated products?

ServiceDesk Things_io November 17, 2020

Hi @Fazila Ashraf , thank you for the reply. It seems I've misunderstood the error, rather than linking two different URLs, if I created a JSW in the instance same as which JSD is in, how can I migrate data from the old JSW?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events