Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[JIRA Service Desk][Server] Remove users from customer page

Aravindi Amarasinghe June 24, 2018

Hi All, 

I want to remove JIRA users from my customer page. (Outside the organisation)

aaaa.JPG

I am using JIRA Serrvice Desk v3.5 and I don't want to deactivate users as mentioned in this document. As these users are using other projects in JIRA. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskserver035/setting-up-service-desk-users-894759487.html

Can somebody help me with this? 

5 answers

1 vote
Jeremy Schraufnagel April 10, 2020

Looks like you have to go to Administration > User Management > Jira Service Deck to delete customers.  From there there is the option next to each you where you can delete them.

Portal Customers.png

spryce June 22, 2020

This is what I was looking for.

John Williams August 28, 2020

Perfect! Thanks

1 vote
Iago Docando
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2020

To summarize:

If you dont have "Customers my team adds to the project" checked then you can't remove customers from the customers list once you add them. It might be a bug but bottom line is that in the "customer list" theres no option to do so and those customers don't appear in the "users and roles" screen.

Once you check that checkbox you can either remove entire organizations from the "customer list" of go to "users and roles" to take care for users not affiliated to any organization.

1 vote
V-Key Support December 27, 2018

hi Shanoon, I have similar question like Aravindi,

Background:

- My company Jira 7.5.0 with JSD 3.8.1.

- We have multiple projects in JSD and some customers are added to multiple projects 

The issue:

We would like to remove customer from certain project instead of delete customer account since they still need access to other JSD projects.

Unfortunately, the customer account is not belong to an organization so we could not remove user account from organization. 

I also look in the Project's User & Role but the accounts do not appear under Service Desk Customers

So my question is:

1. Is there an option to remove customer from the Customers List?

2, Could we add an existing customer in the project to an organization?

If not, is there an add-on in marketplace could do the trick?

thank you,

Minh Ngo

0 votes
Madison Koenig February 7, 2020

I believe I just figured out how to remove someone from that customer list. It looks like they're added there if they join by signing up themselves. So if you resend them an invitation to join and they go through there, they should be removed. 

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 26, 2018

Aravindi,

You can just remove the users from the project, as in the document you linked. Be aware that it does not only remove them from the page, but it also removes any rights the users have as Customers.

The only reason the document says to deactivate the users is because it assumes that you want to fully remove their access to Jira. 

If this is not what you wanted, can you please clarify what you need the users to do?

Regards,

Shannon

Aravindi Amarasinghe June 26, 2018

Hi @Shannon S 

Thanks for the answer. 

As you can see in the following screenshot there is no way to delete the user. On the top of the page I only get options to add Org/customer. Hovering over user doesn't give you options to delete as mention in the document. 

aaaaaaa.JPG

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 28, 2018

Aravindi,

Any chance you're on Cloud? The article you linked to earlier is just for Service Desk Server version 3.5.

The process for Cloud is a bit different.

Remove customers from a project

You must be a project administrator to remove customers from a project.

1. In your service desk project, select  Settings (

> People.

2. Hover over the user or group you would like to remove, and then select .

Regards,

Shannon

Aravindi Amarasinghe June 28, 2018

Hi @Shannon S

No I am in server.  :(

JIRA Service Desk 3.5.2

JIRA Software 7.3.8

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
June 29, 2018

Thank you for confirming.

The page in your screenshot looks like the Customers page, but the article does mention to do it from the Roles page. Can you confirm you're on the Roles page and not the Customers page?

From the article you originally linked:

1. Go to Project settings > Users and roles.
  2. Hover over the user or group you would like to remove, and then select .

Regards,

Shannon

Aravindi Amarasinghe July 5, 2018

Hi @Shannon S

In users and roles we only have groups consist with the users that need access in the particular project roles. We don't have other users in the page as in customer page. 

bbbb.JPG

I just want to remove other users from customer page who are not using the project without deactivating their JIRA account as they are using other projects in JIRA. 

Thank you!

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
July 9, 2018

Aravindi,

If you add by groups instead of users then you won't be able to fine-tailor your roles and permissions as you wish.

You'll need to either remove the users from the group and create a new group that would give them the permissions they need and none that they don't, or break it all down on a per-user basis. 

Shannon

Aravindi Amarasinghe July 9, 2018

Hi @Shannon S

After playing with my permission scheme. I found that this issue occurs due to the Project browse permissions. I have added jira-users group to the browse project as they need to be able to browse it. 

It is obvious that jira-users that can browse the project shouldn't be in customer page. 

And there is no way to remove them from the customer page.  Seems it is a bug. 

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
July 11, 2018

Hi Aravindi,

It may be that in your Customer Permissions you have the following setting selected:

If that is selected, then you want to change to Customers my team adds to the project

If Customers my team adds to the project is selected and they're still appearing as a customer, then it means that they have Create issue permissions. Anyone who has access to browse the project and permission to create issues in the project is considered a Customer.

Therefore, you would need to ensure that the user does not have permission to add issues to the project.

Let me know if you have any trouble.

Shannon

Sebastián Delmastro July 16, 2019

Any luck @Aravindi Amarasinghe  delteing jira users from the customer section?

I have the same problem.

Alexey Paveliev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2019

Hi! I just joined a Service Desk admins. Users say they used to see this hover over pop up and now it is gone. What it takes to show again? @[deleted] 

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
September 27, 2019

Alexey,

Welcome to Atlassian Community, and thank you for your follow-up. 

I'm not sure about that - I would recommend that you raise a question about it in our Jira Service Desk collection, or by contacting the Support Team if you are eligible for support and we can have a look and see.

Regards,

Shannon

Bastien Delourmel December 29, 2021

Any news? I still can't delete customers, from the "customer" page on the side bar. (server: 4.20)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events